- Features a larger 19-inch front wheel and 16-inch rear wheel
- Perfect for the advanced 85cc rider looking for a more "big-bike" feel
- Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS) for broad, tractable power
- Potent, easy-to-service two-stroke engine
- Smooth-shifting, six-speed, close-ratio transmission
- Compact, semi-double-cradle, single-backbone steel frame
- Race-ready, fully adjustable suspension
- Aggressive YZ styling
- Adjustable rider ergonomics
Lightweight, compact, 85 cc, liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve inducted, 2-stroke single.
Optimized Air Intake Design
- Optimized intake design allows for a straighter, more efficient draw of air into the intake tract.
Tuned Expansion Chamber
- Carefully matched to suit the YPVS™-equipped engine, the exhaust expansion chamber optimizes gas flow for enhanced power delivery, especially in the low- and mid-range.
Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS).
- Mechanical power valve system delivers effective exhaust timing throughout the entire rev range
- Provides excellent power and torque characteristics
- Boosts compression ratio and power output
- Delivers responsive acceleration just as the rider intends
- Slit-shaped valve on the side of the exhaust port operates in response to engine rpm
- In low-to-mid-rpm range when exhaust timing is slower, valve moves to cover the top part of the exhaust port
- In high rpm range when quick exhaust timing is needed, valve recedes and exhaust port is fully uncovered
- Shifting is reduced due to broad powerband
The crankcase design features a spacer-style reed valve intake for improved air/fuel flow
- Which inhales through a 28mm Hitachi Astemo® Keihin flat-slide carburetor for seamless throttle response.
Lightweight, forged piston.
- less reciprocating mass and less friction for a faster revving engine
- excellent durability
CDI ignition system.
- provides a hot, precise spark for fast sure starts
- provides optimal timing for quicker, stronger response at all rpms
Smooth-shifting, six-speed transmission.
- involute design increases the surface area contact between the gears
- special involute splines on main and drive shafts provide maximum engagement/hook-up for each gear for smoother, more positive shifts
- gear ratios are well matched to engine output
- Gear dimensions optimized for YPVS engine performance
Heavy-duty, multi-plate clutch.
Quick-remove, clutch sub-cover.
Lightweight radiator with high-capacity cores and special louvers to direct the air through the rad.
- maximum cooling efficiency
Large-capacity airbox with washable, dual-stage, foam filter.
- excellent filtering qualities
Lightweight exhaust system.
- expansion chamber designed to match the output of YPVS engine
- aluminium silencer is re-packable to maintain optimum performance and reduced noise levels
Lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims are durable and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
Rigid, semi-double cradle, single backbone, steel frame.
- blend of light weight and good strength
- minimal flex for razor-sharp, moto-wining handling
Detachable rear subframe.
- allows easy access for suspension maintenance
- reduces costs in the event of a loop-out (subframe can be purchased separately)
Lightweight box-section aluminium swingarm.
- composite chain guide and updated chain adjusters provide easier maintenance
- provides excellent rear-wheel control and traction
Adjustable 36 mm inverted KYB fork with 275 mm (10.8 in) of wheel travel.
- low-friction outer tubes and internals are similar to full-size YZ models
- 20 clicks of both compression and rebound damping
- adjustable design allows suspension settings to match rider weight, rider style and track conditions
- YZ125 / 250-based "big bike" valving and low-friction fork seals
- smooth, compliant stroke for superior suspension performance and handling
- front fork guard redesigned with brake hose outside of fork guard
Fully adjustable Monocross link rear suspension provides 282 mm (11.1 in) of wheel travel.
- Kayaba piggyback shock reduces shock temperatures during a long moto for fade resistant damping and consistent performance.
- adjustments include "threaded" spring preload, 15 clicks of compression and 20 clicks of rebound damping
- optional shock springs are available through Yamaha Genuine Parts and Accessories
220 mm front stainless steel wave front disc with twin-piston caliper.
- delivers strong stopping power with excellent control and great feedback.
Tapered aluminum handlebar and adjustable crown.
"Shorty-style" adjustable front brake lever.
- adjusts to fit various hand sizes
Clutch lever holder allows for clutch lever reach adjustment.
- adjusts to fit various hand sizes.
190 mm stainless steel rear disc brake squeezed by a single piston caliper.
- Excellent stopping power
- caliper is protected by a rugged plastic protector
Lightweight, blue 19-inch front and 16-inch rear DID rims.
- excellent durability
- reduces unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance
- Dunlop MX3S knobby tires offer exceptional traction
Modern, aggressive, slim line bodywork.
- slim body design for excellent freedom of movement and rider mobility
- The four-position adjustable handlebar mounts and taper-style handlebar allow the rider to tune the handlebar position to suit their size and preferences.
- Flat seat and narrow fuel tank design, along with smoothly integrated body panels and slim shroud width, combine to enable greater freedom of movement for increased control and confidence.
- Sealed tapered steering head bearings for extra durability
- Serrated rear brake pedal and folding shift lever tip
- Wide, cast-alloy serrated footpegs offer good grip
- Stainless steel inner clutch cable for longer life and smooth operation
- Rubber boots on clutch and brake levers to reduce dirt, mud and water entry for durability
- Convenient lifting holes in side cover
- Rugged chain guide helps prevent chain from de-railing and also protects rear sprocket
- E10 friendly fuel system components